As state-certified school counselors in New Jersey and New York with over 20 years of admissions experience, we have helped hundreds of students get accepted to the college of their choice.
As a client, you will receive the individualized attention, information, and tools you need to find the right college for your student.
We will help you decipher and navigate the entire college process, including:
· How to select the right colleges in order to maximize your chances of success and happiness
· Understanding the application process (admissions policies and practices, the Common Application, etc.)
· The “when’s”, “which’s”, and “why’s” of the SAT I, SAT II, and ACT exams (and the colleges that no longer require them for admission)
· How to visit your prospective colleges: how to get the most out of your time on campus and how to get the school to remember you
· How to write an essay that will make you stand out from the crowd
· How to select the right courses during each year of high school
· NCAA Eligibility and the potential for athletic scholarships
· Financial Aid: are you eligible for loans and/or scholarships? How do you know when scholarship search offers are too good to be true?
This process takes time! Ideally, it should begin no later than the spring of your child’s junior year.
Does your child need help getting motivated and organized? Do you want him/her to get a jumpstart on setting challenging but realistic goals throughout high school that will allow him/her to be a competitive applicant down the road? If so, we offer programs for freshmen and sophomores as well.